- What areas do you service?
We only service Leon County at this time.
- What happens if it rains on my mow day?
If the rain is very heavy, services are pushed to the next day including weekends.
- Can services be interrupted because of the weather?
Yes, if the weather is causing unsafe working conditions (i.e. visible lightning, or heavy rain)
- What is the benefit of adding mulch to flower beds and shrubs?
Mulch helps the soil stay moist in our hot Florida climate. It also repels insects, controls soil erosion, and prevents weeds from sprouting.
- What type of mulch is used on my landscape?
We use pine straw, wood chip mulch, red, black or brown, rubber mulch, and pine bark nuggets.
- Do you provide landscaping designs?
No, but we can refer you to some designers!
- At what height do you cut the lawn?
It depends on the type of turf on your landscape. We can discuss this further in our consultation.
- Can I have my lawn cut just once?
We do not offer one-time cuts. The cost for any other one-time service starts at $2500.
- Are your services offered all year long?
All our services are available year-round.
- Do you have a tree removal service?
No, but we can limb up trees.
- What types of maintenance services does C&A offer? (what’s included in the maintenance plans?)
Each service includes mowing, edging, string trimming, weed control, blowing off all hard surfaces, trimming hedges, trimming low branches under 10 ft, removing clippings, hauling debris to the street for pickup, and weed control with liquid herbicide.
- How often do you mow my lawn?
We have multiple options for frequency patterns:
- 26x/year = biweekly all year round
- 36x/year = Weekly between the months of May-September and Bi-weekly between the months of Oct-April
- 52x/year = Weekly service all year round
- How often should I water my new trees, shrubs, and flowers?
Water immediately after planting. During the first week, water your new plants daily. Afterward, water your plants 2-3 times per week.
- Do you water the grass and plants with the maintenance plan?
Watering grass and plants is not included in our maintenance plan.
- What happens if it rains the day I am supposed to receive my maintenance service?
The service is either delayed or pushed to the next day.
- After a hurricane or a major storm does my maintenance plan cover clean-up?
The result of a natural disaster would be much more laborious to clean up rather than the usual maintenance plan we offer. Therefore, we would not include such a service in our regular maintenance plan.
- How often will my landscape need maintenance?
It depends on the type of turf, if it is under irrigation, what kind of plants are present, if there are weeds in beds, etc…
- Do you offer financing options for landscape and irrigation services?
We do not offer financing options for our services.
- How do I know how much my landscape will cost?
Every landscape is unique and requires different services. Cost is dependent on a variety of factors including, the estimated amount of time the service will take, the size of the yard, what is in the current landscape design, etc… We can discuss a more definitive price in our consultation.
- What are your payment terms?
We require a 50% deposit for landscape work. The final payment is due upon completion of services. For Maintenance, we invoice residential clients via automatic credit card on the 15th of each month. For commercial clients that require maintenance, we usually set up as a vendor in their company management system and payments are due every 30 days.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, MC, Discover, Amex, and checks.
- With a maintenance plan, how often do you bill, or do I pay in installments?
You will pay in monthly installments.
- Do your clients sign contracts?
Yes, we have all of our new clients sign a 12-month contract that outlines our services and pricing agreement. No customer is ever locked in and can cancel anytime, but we prefer having a 30 days notice to plan accordingly.
- Do I need an irrigation system?
An irrigation system is not necessary for a healthy landscape. You can water your landscape on your own, but it would require time and precision on your part. An irrigation system makes maintaining a healthy landscape much simpler, but ultimately you decide whether it fits your landscaping needs.
- What type of maintenance does an irrigation system require?
To ensure everything is working properly, we suggest monthly checkups for your system.
- Should I install a drip irrigation system or sprinkler system?
It depends on your landscape. A drip irrigation system works well to water small areas or individual plants. A sprinkler system covers more ground which is ideal for watering large lawns.
- Can you repair my existing irrigation system?
Yes, we can repair, upgrade, or replace any existing irrigation systems.
What to expect:
- How long do your maintenance lawn care sessions take?
It depends on the size of your yard, the time of year, and the type of landscape you have. We can discuss this further in our consultation.
- How fast can your team get started working after a quote is approved?
Any service can usually get started within 2 weeks of the estimated approval. Occasionally, for landscape installation, we get backed up longer. The main cause of a delay is if the job requires specific materials like plants, types of sod, or large quantities of anything hard to locate depending on the time of year. For recurring maintenance services, we usually start as soon as the customer would like.
- How long does it take to install an irrigation system?
It depends on the size of the system. Most systems take a day or two to install.
- How often will you come by for lawn care maintenance?
Either weekly or bi-weekly depending on which plan you choose.